Hello 2021

I feel very weird wishing people a Happy New Year when the impacts of 2020 are still very much happening. But all the same: I wish everyone a Happy New Year and that 2022 is going to turn out better than 2020. No grand declarations or assumptions from me, especially after just how meme-able a lot of people’s posts became pretty quickly into last year.

Hello 2021 - nice to see you, if you could be a bit more positive than the other guy then that would be great. 

Remember - no matter what you think, it could always get worse. No need to put those vibes out into the universe.

Being that it is now the start of a brand new year (technically), I do have some goals. I won’t call them resolutions because that seems ill-fitting all things considered but goals seems more positive. So this year, my goals are:

1. Read 100 books

My final number for 2020 was 168, so I’m really low-balling myself with the definitely attainable 100 for 2021. The idea though is that I can push the bar further when I reach it and it’s a reasonable goal still if I decide to take it easy from time to time. 168 books is a lot no matter how you look at it and although that was never the goal to start with it was certainly an achievement that I won’t put myself under pressure to repeat from the get go.

2. Thrift 

This is kind of a double goal in that i don’t buy any more new clothes, but if I do need something it needs to come from a thrift shop (except underwear). Firstly, I’m trying to be a bit more sustainable I’m not purchasing so much clothing that I don’t need and thrifting is a fun challenge that also contributes to charity. Secondly, I’ve bought so many new clothes recently because none of my older stuff fit me anymore. Exciting but costly when I had to replace absolutely everything from dresses and pants to swimwear, activewear, underwear and bras. I have a whole new wardrobe now but I’m broke as hell and I shouldn’t need anything else, so I’ll only thrift if I do find I need something and hopefully i can save some money in the process.

3. No more new makeup 

I did start this one off last year but Iso made fools of us all. Just like with clothes, I just don’t need anything else. I’m stocked for most things and the goal is to only repurchase things like makeup and skincare when I actually need it. Which in my case could be a while. Just like with my goal to thrift, the hopeful byproduct here is to save some money and be a bit more sustainable.

4. Write More

I used to write so much more when I was younger and I really need to keep it up more. I do have some ideas for the future so I’ll update as I go, but I’m hoping to do better blogging and writing in my downtime. 

5. Reach my fitness goals

This isn’t new and is a continuation of what I’ve been doing since last August. Fasting has been a little harder over December so I’d like to bring it back more and continue on my health and fitness journey. I have more to go to hit my goal weight but I also genuinely just enjoy the working out and being healthy. Plus, I haven’t been working this hard just to give up or get lazy. 

There may be other goals that I think of in the coming weeks or I’ll restructure the ones that I have, but ultimately I’m just heading into the new year with a handful of personal goals, no big deal and no grand declarations or assumptions. I hope 2021 is better, but that’s what we all said last January so we’ll just see how we go for now. 

Sam xox

P.S. I used to always wish when I was younger to meet someone but it tallied up to a lot of wasted wishes over the years. If someone were to come along that would be great, but my wish is to be happy on my own for the rest of my life with or without a romantic partner. I am after all, perfectly splendid as I am.

Comments

Popular Posts