The Final Countdown

Once again, I've been pretty lax in keeping my blog up to date. So sue me.

Actually don't really because I'm going to be living on noodles for weeks anyway.

But in my defence the last couple of weeks have been sort of crazy. First there was the week when I worked 7 days straight at the cafe, which admittedly doesn't sound so bad but when it's school holidays plus Easter plus ANZAC day it leads to all sorts of crazy. Not the least of which included kids trashing the place and my almost knocking one of the out in my attempt to skirt around a chair whilst carrying a bunch of hot plates. Totally not my fault when you can't control your kids, but I did feel pretty bad about it even if this woman caught the chair before it smacked a little girl in the face. It was a pretty catch 22 situation. It's not like I wanted to hit the child!

Then there was the week when I half worked and half ran around getting things organised for La Vie, like switching my phone to prepaid (yuck), sorting out things at the bank, and hobbling through the shops with a trolley full of citrus trees. That last bit was probably the most fun because I felt like a master of disguise tiptoe-ing around with bushes in front of my face - at least until some woman waylaid me by diving in front of the trolley to ask me where I'd acquired my trees. And then when they tipped over in the car and sprayed dirt all over the back seat. That part was not as fun.

Although despite the thousand and one things I've been organising this week from my tax return packet to running some more red through my hair, I've still had plenty of time when I've been vege-ing in my pyjamas and watching Hannibal. Shit is getting real on that show and I can't watch it anymore without making the :O face. If you haven't seen it, I recommend you get on that.

It's nice though sometimes, despite the general crazy right now, to have a moment or two when I can just sit down and have a cup of tea (maybe my new signature blend 'Celestea') and chill out. When you travel like I do there isn't much chill out time on the road. Unless it's in a coffee shop somewhere or writing. Or maybe I'm just being lazy.

So that all being said there is roughly a day and a half left before I'll be sitting at the airport coffee shop with my fab new little computer ready for another adventure. And what an adventure I've got planned so far! Last time I really spoke about my travel plans in detail I had a big gap free with an 'insert adventure here' after the end of my 36 day Topdeck tour, but since then I've got a little more settled:

May - June = Topdeck
Late June = Morocco
July = Grand Europe tour on the rail starting in Portugal
August = BM internship, Scotland and Ireland
September = Singapore, Cruise through South East Asia (Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, Bali)

It's not all planned yet, particularly July and August, but I figured there's plenty of time for that. Whilst in the US at the beginning of the year I only booked my flights and accommodation around the place the week before and that went pretty well. Besides, getting through Europe with my Eurail pass already organised and mapped out, seems to be cheaper and easier to travel through than the US is. All those metropolises so close together and all makes it theoretically pretty simple to make your way through. I wouldn't say idiot proof or infallible though - no need to tempt fate here.

Now that all the major things are sorted and the last things left to do really are to get my hair cut (I may have singed the ends a little again) and pack. I really don't know what clothes to take and It's going to concern me for the next two days.

Here's to travelling as light as possible with my personality!

And I'll try to keep ya'll more up to date with the goings on - plus everyone loves a picture or two.

Sam xox

Comments

Popular Posts