Cannot Connect to iTunes

Yesterday was plain awful, but that's not now; that's then. 

Very true words there, Orphan Annie, you got it in one.

Whilst yesterday was a cornucopia of stress, tears, trauma and some very strong words, the anger and misery has so far melted away today under the wonder and excitement that is Singapore. But even more specifically, Changi airport.

I don't want to go into a massive rant about what happened yesterday because I'll only get angry again, but in short something went wrong between my computer and iphone and both decided to kick up a fuss. So I was left with my phone completely erased and data lost that I had been specifically compiling for this trip - not to mention years worth of other accumulated data that I won't go into. It was pretty horrible, more so when I had to race against the clock in the attempt to fix the problem - and never did. Even after virtually staying up all night and learning that my iphone and master computer don't seem to be on speaking terms right now. No amount of cursing or crying would make either connect to iTunes.

Spiteful technology.

But then I manually restored what I could, got dressed and made it to the airport leaving only my coat behind (It wasn't an expensive one, but I was disappointed all the same and will have to pick one up in Primark to replace it). And after that everything just seemed to get a lot better.

We had a coffee at the terminal together before I waved farewell to my family, and then a half hour later to Al, and struck out on my adventure.

Sitting in Changi still doesn't make it necessarily all seem real, and every time I think about it I think holy crap, then HOLY CRAP. I'm surprised myself how mutually excited and terrified I am. I do, however, feel a very strong sense of general freedom. It's weird when I travel a lot and Perth doesn't make me so miserable anymore, but being on the first leg of a long trip like this feels like I've got all the time in the world to just do the things I'm truly passionate about: write, read, drink tea, study history and see the world. Obviously I wish friends and family could have come along for the ride, but what can you do?

The last time I was in Changi I was eleven years old and terrified to be away from my parents for two whole weeks, now I'm twenty-three and looking forward to being away from my home for 5 months. Ironic, right? At least its just interesting and goes to show how much I've changed in thirteen years.

As the first time I'd ventured out into Singapore, I found that I really liked it. I could see the remnants of the murky old port town of pre-colonial Singapore, admired the crazy and beautiful architecture of the Marina Bay, and marvelled at the appropriate 'East meets west' tag the city holds. I greatly look forward to returning in August! 

But for now, ciao! 

Also, sorry this ended up being dated - it's been crazy! 

Comments

Popular Posts