I read HOW many books in July?

So, we're still in a pandemic. It doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon, and as I mentioned back in May all I seem to want to do these days is read. So, at the end of June I decided it might be fun to set myself a bit of a challenge for July. You know, to keep things interesting. 

I decided to set a preliminary goal of completing 15 books over the 31 days of July. No big deal, that's a book every other day on average. 

I surpassed it halfway through the month. So my goal went up, and up, and up and up. 

Do you know how many books I finished this past July? 

31. 

Wow emoji, World of Warcraft Emoji Emoticon Facebook, Emoji ...

Yeah. I literally have no other life anymore except to read, review what I've read and research the next one. I don't know what to tell you, I'm not even mad about it. It prevents me from turning to cocaine. 

Here's everything that I read in July 2020 (in chronological order) and what I rated it out of 5:

1. Whispers in the Dark by KI Lynn (2/5)
2. Autoboyography by Christina Lauren (3/5)
3. Ghosts of Manor House by Matt Powers (3/5)
4. The Accidental Wedding by Anne Gracie (3/5)
5. The Worst Best Man by Mia Sosa (3/5)
6. The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang (3.5/5)
7. The Language of Dying by Sarah Pinborough (3/5)
8. The Mermaid by Christina Henry (3.5/5)
9. The Wizard's Ward by Deborah Hale (2.5/5)
10. The Waiting King by Deborah Hale (2/5)
11. Heroes by Stephen Fry (4/5)
12. Stephen Fry's Victorian Secrets (5/5)
13. Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake (2/5)
14. Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller (3/5)
15. The Destined Queen by Deborah Hale (2/5)
16. Bellman & Black by Diane Setterfield (2/5)
17. Daughter of the Siren Queen by Tricia Levenseller (3/5)
18. Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning (3/5)
19. Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning (3/5)
20. Faefever by Karen Marie Moning (3/5)
21. Intermittent Fasting by Amanda Walker (5/5)
22. Misogynation by Laura Bates (5/5)
23. Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning (3/5)
24. The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett (4/5)
25. Cinder by Marissa Meyer (4/5)
26. The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman (3/5)
27. Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning (4/5)
28. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling (5/5)
29. The Mothers by Brit Bennett (2.5/5)
30. The Diet Trap by Jason Lillis (4/5)
31. Duke of Desire by Elizabeth Hoyt (4/5)

I know I joke that I have no life but since we're still stuck inside reading is my life. 2020 isn't going so well outside. Plus I don't feel like watching TV as much these days and online shopping quickly becomes bad for my bank account (Trust me, I know). I work out (which apparently hasn't prevented me gaining weight), walk the dog, stare into space, try not to binge eat, and generally continue to exist but reading is what brings me the most happiness and the biggest escape.

I am lucky to be employed still but what really keeps me going right now is reading - I can go anywhere in the world, do anything, face literal demons, you name it. It helps my anxiety and to stave off the depression. 

Never stop reading, kids. 

Sam xox

Link my Goodreads here is you want to follow me on my reading journey or you're looking for a new read. 

Comments

Popular Posts