Wait...Its September?

I mean holy crap right, 2020 is going so fast and I have basically been just chilling at home the entire time. I don't have to explain the situation out in the world right now, you all know, but damn, right? 

Its about time for me to start getting aggressively excited for Halloween and winter is already over! Pumpkin spiced lattes are back at Starbuck's, the Queen Victoria Building has already put up the Christmas Tree. Everyone is so done with 2020 we're doing all the last quarter things at once. I'm not even mad about it because I need something to look forward to. 

Last time I saw you I was somewhat recovering from the 31 books I read in July and hitting a bit of a creativity wall. I took a few days to relax because no matter how much I love books and to read, you absolutely can burn yourself out and experience a reader's fatigue. For August, I read 19 books - still a lot, but not as many. 

Here's a list of what I read in August and what I rated it: 

1. Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia (3/5 Stars)

2. The Darwin Affair by Tim Mason (3/5 Stars)

3. The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco (2/5 Stars)

4. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by JK Rowling (5/5 Stars)

5. Mort by Terry Pratchett (4/5 Stars)

6. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling (5/5 Stars)

7. Clean and Lean by Dr Ian K Smith (4/5 Stars)

8. Iced by Karen Marie Moning (4/5 Stars)

9. Burned by  Karen Marie Moning (4/5 Stars) 

10. Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by (3/5 Stars)

11. Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren (5/5 Stars)

12. Beautiful Bitch by Christina Lauren (4/5 Stars)

13. Beautiful Beginning by Christina Lauren (4/5 Stars)

14. Feverborn by  Karen Marie Moning (3/5 Stars)

15. Romanov by Nadine Brandes (2/5 Stars)

16. Final Girls by Riley Sager (5/5 Stars)

17. Feversong by  Karen Marie Moning (4/5 Stars)

18. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (4/5 Stars)

19. High Voltage by Karen Marie Moning (1/5 Stars) - This was last night so I'm still mad about it.

The other reason why I've been reading a bit less than I was in July is that I've been putting a lot more time and effort into my weight-loss journey, improving my relationship with food, and my overall health. I'm still going and my goal is a whopping 30kg (almost 7kg down so far) overall so I'll low key update as we go. I've tried before and I am very anxious about being derailed. 

Macca's Monopoly is coming which always gets me, so I'm wondering if its best for me not to participate this year. I hate how much I love Macca's Monopoly. 

Sam xox

Comments

Popular Posts