Christmas is coming!

And the goose is getting fat...

I would call myself a right goose after the fool I've been this year, but I take offence to being called 'fat'. Rounded perhaps, or curvaceous. A little more to love due to my penchant for chocolate and treats. Like lamingtons, I do rather love them. 

But yesterday was finally November 25th and as a month to Christmas in my books that means that all systems go; there's no thanksgiving in Australia that halts it til the first of December, so crack out the tree, the candy canes and carols and lets get this merry show on the road! 

I'll be home for Christmas this year and I suppose I'm secretly happy about that; there will be time for travelling next year again and heck knows I'm never going to be able to sit still for too long, but this year I'm sort of ok with staying home and enjoying the lead up to my favourite holiday with my family. 

And just thinking of all the traditions I've got are exciting a like putting the Christmas tree up with carols in the background; watching the Grinch and the Muppets Christmas Carol and Jingle All the Way which are my favourite Christmas movies of all time! Baking gingerbread houses and Christmas cookies. Like having our annual Christmas dinner with my two best friends, celebrating Christmas with my other best friends and making egg nogg and candy cane shooters. Driving around the suburbs and seeing the Christmas lights, watching carols by candlelight and scoffing pudding. There is just so much about Christmas that I love and I'm so happy that it's back again because nothing makes me feel all warm and content inside then Christmas - even if it's hotter than hell in perth when I wish it would be cold. Although the way the seasons are changing it may well be cold in Australia for Christmas someday.

So happy Christmas, everyone, crack out the tradition and I hope everyone gets to do everything they love and that all your wishes come true.

Time to kick-start Christmas! 

Sam xox 

Comments

Popular Posts