Writing, writing, writing...

It's an easy thing to say, don't you think, write me 18,000 words. Researched. About something that interests you. Easy right? Sure.

Not.

I'm doing my thesis, archaeology, on something that does really fascinate and interest me, and yet all I want to do is just read my books, sleep, write fiction and spend time in the prescence of my friends...and yeah, that guy. My priorities are right on track, no need to worry about that! I slave away at home, whiling away my free days when I'm not slaving away at my job. Now that Uni is back for the final semester I've even established that hey, my social life is going to get a little non-existant for a while (not really, but toned down by far) in favour of getting everything done and not having a total meltdown in the process. So, there's no worry that I won't be able to do it, do it to the best of my ability, and with time to spare. 

It's just the pure factor that I have to struggle to be focused sometimes, sometimes I need to forcibly return to the passion for the subject that I know is definately in there!

Getting back into the pattern and working around actual semester work is only going to get more difficult, as assignments bump with my thesis, but at the same time it will get easier too as I seep back into my rhythm and set more local goals. I sense some fun all-nighters heading my way, but hey I'm known to write some good stuff at 4am anyway :). 

So, thesis, it's crunch time and you better bring it!

Oh, and before I go - still in the doghouse with that friend not speaking to me from the other day. Life's problems are still harsh (and I'm still covering them with boy drama that I know really doesn't matter to stop more breakdown moments over the things that do), but I'm dealing despite all the people who don't believe me. After all, no one really knows everything but me, do they?

I may be in the doghouse but I got a nice rug and a cup of tea to make it cozy, because that's what you do when thinks suck. When life give you lemons, you ask for salt and tequila, and though I may wear my heart on my sleeves more than many I know - that's the way it is. 

Adios for now then, mis amigos!

Comments

Popular Posts