It's Official

After may be a lifetime of planning and suggesting and wishing, I've finally locked in the biggest adventure opportunity of my entire life.

Four and a half months. Europe. Asia. I'm not sure where else yet.

But now that I've finally booked and (mostly) paid, I'm kind of terrified.

Don't misunderstand and think for a moment that I regret my decision at all, but this is the biggest adventure I've ever undertaken and by far the longest time I will have been away from home or my family and friends. So I'm a little afraid, but I promise it's nothing a little extra planning won't fix.

But so far, here's the sitch:

May - June - Topdeck tour around Europe.

July - ?

August - ?

September - Cruising from Singapore through Asia back to Perth.

The question marks mean I haven't made up my mind yet on what I'm doing but seriously - think of the opportunities! It's the time to work abroad and volunteer in digs across Europe, finally see the rest of Britain and Ireland, go to Russia!

File:Aladdin-Bposter.pngI stay awake at night thinking about what to do, or good lord what to pack - it's really not that weird, I've never been to Europe in the warmer months so I really have no experience with that kind of clothing. Not to mention what kind of supplies I'm going to need for that long a trip! My head spins with possibilities and potentials.

Not to mention that my US ESTA is still valid so it's a possibility that I make it back there as well since my cousin will be there in July and Aladdin is opening on Broadway later in the week - just think about it.

There is really no limit except for money - that old thing. But I'm not worried about that and I know as soon as I leave I'm going to live like it's the end of the world, and that it's all going to be just fine.

I'll go and I'll have the time of my life. There will be time to get a job or go back to uni or whatever I fancy later; I'm only young and this is something I've wanted for so long. There's just so much of the world out there to see still and I can't believe for a moment that just staying, waiting and maybe getting a job to join the Rat Race is the best idea for myself right now. I need to have an adventure, roam and wander and find something that I'm looking for, think about where to go next - literally and figuratively. That's the life for me.

I'm not saying this to be boastful or make anyone envious, I'm just trying to share my excitement and how I feel. My intention is not to be negative at all, just to share. And what a thing to share, in my opinion, even if it's not the experience itself and only the plans.

So whilst I might be afraid, at the same time I'm not worried. I'm going to have an amazing time and when it's over I'll make things right by choosing a new path to a different success. Life is too short to always play by the rules or play it safe, to never take risks or dive in when you might be afraid. It's too colourful to never sing, or to travel, and what's money if not to be used for the purpose of enjoying it? This is the the opportunity that I've waited years for, and I promise you I am going to enjoy every single moment of it.

Just watch me. 

Sam xox

Comments

Popular Posts