Red Handed

It's not uncommon for me to play around with hair colours, usually of the more vivid colours. Since I was about 14 I've put streaks and tips of all colours into my hair from pink to blue to purple and red. 

I'd try green, but I'd have to use bleach to get the patches white enough for the colour to actually show up - I hate bleach. I try not to let it anywhere near my hair anymore since I made the life altering decision to go from my natural blonde to brunette. 

Yes, sadly I am a natural blonde and all those blonde jokes apply. I definately have a lot of stupid moments that I blame on my golden roots. 

Even the couple of silver/platinum hairs I found amongst my thick mane just recently. I'm not sure if I'm actually getting that old already or if the blonde is attempting to insidiously reclaim my scalp...both options are sort of terrifying. But this isn't a post about my impending mortality. 

Rather, just about yet another one of those mental ways that I happen to amuse myself, particularly now when I'm finally starting to succumb to cabin fever from my now 6th week of inactivity. Only about another 7 to go...

When normal people put red in their hair, they will generally use two gloves and try to avoid getting the colour everywhere either on the furniture or on themselves. When I put red in my hair I certainly cover any furniture near me, but when it comes to myself...nope. Today I opted for only one glove, effectively covering my other hand in blood red dye that won't wash off for at least a day. And on top I that I didn't just get red their - no, I took a great deal of pleasure in smacking pseudo-bloody hand prints on any exposed skin under my dye towel. Then wiggled my red fingers and chased the cat for a bit around the garden. 

Yep, it's certainly official; I really need a job or something to get me out of the house a little more before La Vie Europe. 

All this home time is clearly not good for my sanity. And yet I still think that that was the most fun I've ever had putting a colour in my hair.

Is that weird?

Sam xox

Comments

Popular Posts