Quick Fix

Some of the worries that I mentioned last week in my Rambles have managed to come to an as-yet seeming conclusion. And such lopped a little of the chip and burden off my shoulders.

For one thing some of my books have been picked up for sale (the rest of them can be found on Gumtree), and I've set my self up to be rented out as a babysitter. I have plenty of experience with kids so if you're looking for someone to watch them for the evening or the day, just let me know.

Additionally the last of my Topdeck tour has been paid off, and I've managed to pick up some waitress shifts back at my old Dome with my old boss who was wonderful enough to take me back on until La Vie in a little under eight weeks. So my pressing stress about not being able to spend a cent is somewhat eased, though I'll still be frugal as all hell in the meantime.

And then there's the decision to just stick with a UK sim instead of the trauma of an international one, and the fact that I realised Europe cover also includes Asia anyway (hooray for cheaper rates!). It's kind of like the universe took pity on me and decided to make life a little easier for me.

So, now that the brunt of the Sword of Damocles has been removed, there's just the ever-growing list of things that need to be done and tied up prior to my fleeing the country. Little things from haircuts and updating devices to bigger things like travel insurance, fixing my tax return package to be lodged whilst I'm away and swapping my monthly plan system to prepaid so that I won't have to pay for it whilst I'm not here. In short - I'm feeling a lot better now that time is speeding up and I've started to get on top of the things that need doing.

I do always seem to deal better when I'm busy.

Sam xox

Comments

Popular Posts